Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Here are the top ten reasons why my dad is COOLER than your dad!
10. He can do the one eye patrol from the couch on Sundays
9. He went skydiving with me on my 18th birthday even though he really didn't want to! He really just couldn't be out done by Mel, Nic, Matt, and myself!
8. He is a dashing blend of Kurt Russel and Richard Gere
7. When I was little he convinced me my first name was Ash and my middle name was Lee
6. He has not given into "The Man" and got the business man hair cut!
5. When running sprints, he still wears his high school spikes!
4. He makes caramel corn every Sunday
3. He once said to me" Ashley I've been fooling myself all these years thinking I was a mountain man, but I've found my true calling, and I belong under the sea!
2. He always has new jokes ! They're new if he doesn't remember telling you them, right?
And the number one reason why my dad is cooler than your dad is..........
1. My dad wears jeans while skiing and snowmobiling!
Happy Birthday dad I love you!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Happy Birthday Steff!
Here are just a few reasons why we love our Steffster so much
* I saw her do the "Elaine" dance 7 months pregnant in the middle of the street....in heels!
* She eats more cereal than anyone I have ever met
* She once threw herself on a 400lb man laying on the beach, pretending the wind blew her over! For a measly $10
* One night after taking an ambien *also about 5 months pregnant* she gave us the best performance on guitar hero of Pearl Jam EVER! all the while insisting that if you didn't have the pearl jam cd in high school you weren't getting the sweet sweet lovin you deserved.
* You can get her do almost any dare if she can get at least $5 out of it
* She makes the best karaoke partner, and harmonizes perfectly on "Hit Me Baby One More Time" In fact she really doesn't need a partner, I've seen her many times sitting on the floor by herself singing into her mic!
* She produces THE cutest little girls, EVER!
* She likes treats Just as much as I do!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Happy Birthday! We all miss you so much! But it will not be long and before you know it, we will all fly thousands of miles to intrude your territory, invade your privacy, overwhelm you , and bring you back to reality really fast. You will meet three new members of your family, and probably want to escape our company quickly, but just remember that we love you and need to get our Tanner fix to make up for the last two years! Happy Birthday!
Monday, April 20, 2009
I got to go spend some time with my nieces today in Bountiful. No offense to everyone else but I think I have to the cutest nieces ever! And they are so fun. I sure miss Averi, who lives in Ohio, but it is fun to be able to spend time with Kendyl, Brooklyn (who is not pictured, I think she was still napping during the photo session) and Camryn! And they Love Moose....well most of the time!
Friday night after my weekly pizza fix (you may have heard me mention it before) Ryan and I made our way up to Layton for his sister,Laurel's, musical program. It was awesome! We went last year and I couldn't wait to go again this year. The program is put on by a special needs social group and this year's title was "The importance of Bean Ernerst" all the groups were some sort of bean. Laurel was a pinto bean! It really is so much fun. I love Laurel sooo much. I may never ever please her with birthday cakes but I know deep down she loves me too. She always tells is like it is and I can appreciate that in a woman, the only thing we need to work on now is making her like Moose. He just does not measure up to her cat princess.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Settebello's oh how I love you! There is a pizza place in Salt Lake that Ryan introduced me to, and this is now the 5th consecutive week that I have eaten there. One time I even went there on a Friday and then again on Monday. Each time I get a margherita pizza with garlic, there is even a gelato place attached to it that I have decided to add to the ritual. Why do I love it so much? I can't quite put my finger on it. Is is the delicious stone oven cooked crust, the light fresh tomato sauce, or the hot melted mozzarella cheese? I can't pick. I have decided that is the powdered cocaine they must be putting in the sauce that keeps me coming back for more. I think I might be on to something, it's that funny look in waiters eyes every time they see me there that tipped me off, plus my nightly dreams about getting more, I used to make fun of Ryan when he told me he craved it everyother night. Now it is I having the dreams. What ever it is I can't give it up. One day I will kick the habit, I will be strong, but until then you can find me on a Friday night and I will be having the margherita with garlic and mint cookies and creme gelato, oh and make it a large!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
This is Moose! He now weighs 14 1/2 lbs, which means he has gained 5 1/2 lbs since we have had him. I never in a million years thought I would be the kind of person who cared so much about a dog, the kind of person who when people overhear my conversations can't tell whether I am talking about a child or a dog. The kind of person who has to hurry home because my dog has been locked up in his kennel for too long, and pays an obscene amount on designer food so his poopies are more solid! But I AM! I take him outside in the middle of night in the freezing cold and wait for him to go potty so I then can pick it up and praise him for not going in the house, he now has officially been to the doctor more in the last 6 weeks than I have for 3 years. But look deep in those eyes and tell me you wouldn't do the same!