Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lake Powell

We went on our annual trip to Lake Powell with Allen, Eva, Maegan, and Mackenzie. It was nice to staying in a hotel with our little baby instead in the heat and by the end of each day we had had enough of the sun and felt good to be able to take a shower and go out for dinner. I was nervous about Hudson on this trip because of the long car ride, out on the boat and sun all day, throwing him off his schedule and sleeping in a new place. But he was an angel! We were very careful to keep him out of the sun and cool, he slept great in his pack and play at night, and took naps in his carseat under the dash board on the boat. He was such a good sport and it was so fun to take him along! My sister in law, Kate's mother made Hudson this little washcloth toy and he loves it. The picture above is him playing with his toy waiting to go out on the boat the first day.
Ryan and Hudson helping aunt Eva get the boat ready.
He has gotten to the point where he doesn't really like to be held like I am holding him in this picture. He likes to be turned around so he can see whats going on.



He got to go on his first tube ride! We're not sure how he felt about it.

But he was impressed with his dads wakeboarding skills.
I love me some naked Hudson!

Maegen, myself, and Mackenzie in front of the damn.
We had so much fun, and so grateful we have a baby who can adapt to changes so we can still go on fun trips!!

2 comments:

  1. What fun pictures and a fun trip! Glad Hudson did so good! Its always stressful wondering how they are going to do! He is so adorable - I need to see him! I can't wait to live close and we can hang out lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures. I love Hudson's 'scuba gear'!
    You look fabulous, by the way. I guess I should start running 11 miles a day - pushing a stroller up hill! Your arms are getting as much a work out as anything else, and they look great!
    I'm glad that Hudson was so good for you. That makes it fun.
    Love,
    The Nana

    ReplyDelete