Sunday, June 10, 2012

Barbados

I think Barbados was my favorite island! I loved it! It was beautiful! We started our day off eating in the sit down breakfast instead of the insane buffet lines.  It was a nice refreshing way to start off our day of adventures!
 ed

   We needed to go to a beach that was close because we were meeting our segway tour guides later that day on the other side of the island.  And it was amazing! The sand could not have been whiter and the ocean couldn't have been any more blue!



   After a few hours of chillin on the beach we took a taxi over to the other side of the island.  It was fun to see the island and really made me want to go back there.  I was skeptical about the segway tour, but it was a riot! We met our tour guides in the middle of a cow pasture and there they taught us the basics of how to work them.  I struggled a bit in the beginning because I could not stop laughing and when my body shook the segway jerked forward and backward which made me laugh even harder! The guy helping me thought I was Insane!

   We had a few stops a long our route and the views were incredible!  The whole time I just could not believe how lucky I was to be where I was, with the people that I loved!
  And we ended on the Beach!

A few things I want to remember about the day:
 -Sue stealing a locals' flipflops to go to the bathroom thinking they were someone's in our group!  The man was not happy when he turned around and they were gone!
-Tanner and I doing the "Ellen Dance Challenge" behind our tour guides on our segways.
-Lyle needing an ATM to get some cash and was stunned when he got $200 worth of Barbadian money instead!
-The mini Olympics on the beach!
-The beautiful jewelry we bought from a lady on the beach!



No comments:

Post a Comment