Next, I have been on a quest for quite some time to find a copy cat recipe for The Cheesecake Factory's chicken madeira recipe. It's Ryan's favorite! And I was sure I could make it and probably with 1/6 of the calories. I think I have succeeded!
Ashley's Chicken Madeira
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless chicken breast
8 asparagus spears
4 slices mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
3 cups Madeira wine
2 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cover chicken breast with plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle each filet with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute fillets 4-6 minutes per side until done and browned just a bit.
- Remove from pan and wrap in foil to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- In chicken pan add olive oil and sliced mushrooms; saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add Madeira wine, beef stock, butter, and pepper.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes until reduced to about 1/2 original volume. When sauce is done it will be thick, and brown.
- While sauce is reducing, bring a pan of water to boil.
- Add salt to water at boil; blanch asparagus (3-5 minutes). Drop asparagus in ice water to halt cooking.
- Set oven to broil.
- In baking dish arrange chicken, cross 2 asparagus stems over each piece of chicken and top with a slice of cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts.
- Put chicken on plate.
- To serve, top with 3-4 tablespoons sauce on each piece.