Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Home Town



This was the picture on the local newspapers website when i went to it. The title read

Of 56 animals, 49 dead; only monkey still on loose: sheriff

I first found about the animals on the loose from facebook, of course, then when I picked up my phone it was in the news head lines. I made sure my parents were ok, and they were. One of the high schools canceled was the one and only West Muskingum Tornados, my alma mater. And at first I thought it was funny, a little embarrassed by the grammar of some of the people interviewed from that area , but the more I read about it the more it makes me mad! Who does this man think he is? I didn't even know this place existed, and it was pretty close to my house growing up. Not that I am a huge animal activist but I can't help but think about how it must make our Heavenly Father feel, are they not his creations also? Maybe you think it's weird that that's where my mind went but I have felt sad about it all day. I was upset they were shooting to kill, but I saw an interview where they explained that tranquilizers aren't necessarily immediate and the animals could wander in the woods, pass out, and then wake up again before people would be able to find them. So I understand, just upset it ever had to come to this point.

On a happier note here is Hudson in his Halloween hoodie. Also, we got his Halloween costume and I think it is quite possibly THE CUTEST thing ever! Check back for more pictures!

3 comments:

  1. OK WORLDS weirdest headline. & cutest Halloween hoodie. Will he be at Emmie's party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Zanesville is infamous. I'm just relieved that they captured that "woof"! I also have to say that I'm very sad that it happened, but I truly enjoyed all of the phone calls from family yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i was up at 7am hearing about what was going on. I was sooo tempted to call you... but I resisted. It would of been 5am your time! Your welcome!Glad everyone is Ok. And wow, Hudson looks like Ryan!

    ReplyDelete