Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas with the Nelsons!

I'm so mad at myself for not taking more pictures but we had such a relaxing time that it just slipped my mind. I found out I was pregnant in August and because we were living in Rochester away from all of our family and friends it was a little easier to keep a secret. We decided we wouldn't tell anyone until our 12 week ultrasound just to make sure everything was ok. And when that time Ryan decided he wanted to wait until we came our for Christmas to tell his family. Ryan's sister Aimee came to visit us in mid October when I was still pretty sick and I was sure she would figure it out....but we pulled it off. I thought I was home free until our travel plans changed and I was going to be in Utah before Ryan. I spent the day with Ryan's mom and sister and then went to a Christmas party at his brothers house without him, at 24 weeks trying to keep it hidden until he was there to tell everyone. Luckily it worked and nobody suspected....I'm sure they all just thought I'd let myself go since moving away. Later that night when Ryan flew in, he gave his mom her Christmas present which was a "World's Best Grandma" mug with a picture of the ultrasound inside. It was such a fun night to finally be able to share our news with them. Ryan's mom got a little teary and was so excited then she looked a little upset and asked,"And how long have you kept this from me?" then she was excited again.
We had a wonderful dinner on Christmas Eve. We decided not to do presents for each other this year. Instead, we found a family and took all the money we would have spent and did lots of presents for them. It was a great feeling! Everyone came over on Christmas day for a delicious brunch and Ryan's mom bought some "It's a Boy!" balloons to hang in the hallway for everyone to see when they arrived...(did I say it was a boy.......oh yea it's a boy!) We had a great time and it was a lot of fun to spend time with Ryan's family!

No comments:

Post a Comment