Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Puerto Rico continued.....

When Ryan and I first saw the movie Avatar, he told me on the way home that part if it reminded him of a place in Puerto Rico called the Bioluminescent Bay. So, one night around 8pm we went to the marina and got in kayaks and went through a channel that was surrounded by mangrove trees. As we were going through the channel it was pretty dark except whenever the water was disturbed, it glowed. Every time we rowed, the water glowed, if a fish swam by, it glowed. None of it seemed real, it was like a movie. The explanation behind it is there are dinoflagellates in the water that have the same properties as a firefly, so they glow. It's hard to explain in words, and unfortunately cameras can't capture it either but it was one of the coolest experiences of my life!






Matt and Averi hanging out on the beach.




Tanner snorkeling and trying to capture it on video.

This was in the "El Yunque" rainforest.

Ryan, Tanner, Sean, and my dad hiked up further for a better view.



Papa and Kendyl strolling on the beach.

Sparklers!







One day we took a sailing trip out to an island where we snorkeled and hung out on the beach.





I LOVE this picture of Camryn and Brooklyn! They had so much fun playing in the water!

We had a blast on our vacation! I was sad to come home to the snow and cold but I'm so grateful for the chance we had to go on such an adventure with my family!

4 comments:

  1. So when adam and I go in 4.5 years you are in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! ! Ry and I will make excellent tour guides
    I also found the most amazing churros and strawberry coladas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I be "in" too? ALso, great pictures! I love the one with your little baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! It does look Simply Amazing.... someday I'll get to do something like that :)

    ReplyDelete