Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I'll post about my baby daddy later. But today's post is all about my father! I'm not even going to start it off by saying "I know I may be biased".......because I have , hands down, the best dad in the world. Those of you who know him, I know are nodding quietly at home in agreement! He has always been so hands on, playing with us, coaching our teams, or loudly cheering in the stands. We've been on so many adventures together as a family because our ring leader can leave no stone unturned on this earth. He must do it All!
One of the funniest things about my dad is how predictable he is....
There are a few things about him that I can guarantee
1. If he's at a track meet he will be yelling "Dig, Sean Dig!" (or whoever is running
2. If you are at his house on Sunday night he will have made caramel corn
3. If you are at his house on a Sunday afternoon he will be taking a nap on the couch in the family room, head on the west side of the couch with his arms crossed at his midsection
4. If there is some kind of special event he will be at his grill cooking a very specific kind of steaks served with potatos and salad
5. If he is running, he will be slightly bobbing his head, his hair will be flowing in the wind, and he will be making a weird kind of humming sound
6. If there's water and he's going to jump in , his phone will no doubt be in his pocket
7. a more recent development, if you are with him and can't find him for an extended period of time, he will have wandered off and will be taking pictures somewhere far off the path from where he should have been
8. if he is on a warm weather vacation he will be wearing his white linen button up shirt with his swim trunks and it will be unbuttoned
9. if he is around...you're in for a few laughs!

We love you! Happy Father's Day!




1 comment:

  1. We are all nodding our heads in agreement. You write such fun things! Thanks
    The Nana

    ReplyDelete