Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ode to Celina!

One of my very best friends, Celina, is moving this week to Ethiopia! Even though she will be back, I am sad about the departure. We have had some good times. We've traveled the continent together, spent Valentines days, news years, painted pottery, went through haunted houses, tried on wedding dresses together. Who will I see all the dumb movies that no one else wants to see with? Who will I eat Thai food, or check out treat shops that are for sale? Who will go to the midget candy store with me? We share almost the exact interest in tv shows, food, and sleeping temperature preferences. Remember how cold our room always was in our apartment in PG?
I can always count on you to be up for an adventure, and a reliable source on reading materials. You are one of the funniest people I know, and one of the best listeners.
You're silly, and crazy, and happy, and you have a loud laugh, like me!
You're always on my side, no matter what. One day we will own a treat shop together, if it's the last thing we do. Senorita Sprinkle Bottoms!!!
You have a big heart, which is exactly why you are heading to Ethiopia! I am so impressed with what you are doing!
I will miss you, but believe me when I say I will keep a list of all the movies that come out while you're gone, and we will spend an entire in sweats watching them. I love you, and you will be missed!!!


PS...this sounds oddly like a letter one should write to a lover...oh well!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

    and you are my lover, so it's ok that it sounds like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet letter!! I will miss you to. Your so sweet Ashley!

    ReplyDelete