Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 2 & 3



I have a lot of favorite recipes, I love to cook and try new things but the one I'm going to post is a delicious fattening comfort food. I love the idea of having a giant bowl of pasta to have in the middle of the table that everyone can dish themselves. It's kind of a take on chicken alfredo, but I like it even more. *I like a lot of sauce on mine, so I double the sauce when I make it and serve some of it on the side to spoon over it if people want it.

Creamy Chicken on Linguine

1 TBS olive oil 1 cube chicken bouillon, crumbled
2 TBS butter 1/2 c water
1 clove garlic, minced 1 1/4 c heavy cream
6 chicken breast halves 3/4 c milk
1 (16oz ) package linguini pasta 4 green onions sliced into 1/2 in pieces
1 onion, chopped 1 c grated parmesan cheese

1. In a large saute pan, heat oil, butter and garlic over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan let cool and slice diagonally into long strips. Reserve oil in pan.
2. meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions on package, drain.
3. Reheat oil in pan, add onion and saute, stirring often until onion is soft but still white. Add bullion cube and water; bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for about 10 min. Stir in cream, milk, green onions and parmesan cheese.
4. Place pasta in a bowl, layer chicken slices over pasta, pour sauce over top of chicken and around pasta. Serve immediately.


day 3

10 Things I Love about My Husband
  1. I think he is sooo funny and silly!
  2. He is very complimentary of me and everything I do.
  3. He is very goal oriented and can accomplish anything
  4. He likes to travel and have adventures as much as I do
  5. I know he is going to be a terrific father (he already is with Moosie)
  6. He keeps me grounded but at the same time can easily be talked into almost anything if I have a compelling argument
  7. *****innapropriate ***my dad reads this sometimes
  8. He is such a great and patient teacher
  9. He thinks I'm funny
  10. He understands the importance of always having really good treat

2 comments:

  1. 1- Love that chicken linguine! Nic complains about the onion- but I continue to use one despite the disaproval...bad wifey.
    2- You and Ryan really are a fabulous couple. I couldn't have picked a better husband for you. And he's always been SUCH a great uncle to our girls...which leads me to believe that he will indeed be a great daddy.
    Can't wait to see you next week!!! My hair is as excited as I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe is making my mouth water :) I guess I could be cooking this tonight for dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete