Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Adventures in Ohio



Don't let this cute innocent face sitting by himself at the airport fool you, he was a monster on the plane today! The first leg he was good and fun and cute. From Minneapolis to Salt Lake I would have signed adoption papers had they been close by. I'm just kidding...kind of. I've made a few little observations about traveling with a baby.
1. Everybody is our best friend in the actual airport,because everyone's bored and he was a nice friendly, cute distraction.

2. Once on the plane, I'm everyone's worst enemy! Everyone avoids eye contact with me and I swear I could hear the sighs of relief as I passed their row, obviously sitting elsewhere. And the sudden look of dread and despair as the person I will be sitting next realizes they are stuck with my at very close range for the next 2-3 hours.

3. Men were much friendly and helpful to me and Hudson than the women.
That's all!
We are now tucked in nice and warm in our home minus Ryan, he is in NYC for work, and we sure miss him! Here are a few little pictures from our trip. Friday night we went to dinner with my parents at the Country Club and we were both dressed up nice and cozy! Delicious food too! I always feel a little funny taking a baby into places like that.

I met up with one of my best friends from high school, Abbey. It's always so much fun to see her, and it feels like no time has passed! I wish I could see her more, Hudson loved her!
One day we went to Columbus and did some shopping at Easton in Columbus. It's one of my favorite malls EVER!! I decided we would avoid the crowds at the SLC H&M and stock up in Columbus. Then we ate at Panera and Nana gave Hudson his first piece of bread and he gummed at it for a while, I guess toothed, since he has a tooth now.
Hudson got stocked up on his OSU clothes. We went to a little shoppers bazaar and this little lady had knit all of these sweaters and hats, she was the cutest little lady and they were such cute sweaters we couldn't resist. Who knows where he'll ever wear it, but he has it just in case!!

Today I am thankful for helpful strangers who offered to carry things for me or hold things for me while we were traveling, it made a huge difference in my day! And my wonderful family who is also so helpful to me in my daily life, especially my brother Nic.....but I'll go more into that on another day!

2 comments:

  1. people get much jerkier when your child is River's age. but some are so sweet! ps- Rivs likes these pics! he calls him "baby Hundsond". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em,
    It's time for Riv and H to meet!

    ReplyDelete