Thursday, November 10, 2011

Modern transportation

A few weeks ago Hudson and I decided we needed to visit Nana and Papa but we wanted to keep it a surprise from Nana. So my dad made sure she didn't have to work or have class and we picked a weekend. I got a little worried the last few days that she had found out somehow. So Hudson and I hopped on a plane for a long flight to Detroit, then a layover, then a quick flight to Columbus. Our flight was at 7 am so I was sure H would sleep most of the time...nope not at all. He was so hyper and awake the whole 3.5 hrs on the plane, that's not entirely true, he fell asleep during our descent and then the 20 minutes it took me to walk/run to our gate and then he woke up as soon as I sat down at our new gate. But he had so many women just doting all over him on the plane, and I don't blame them because he was so cute during the flight. The stewardess wouldn't leave us alone, neither would the lady across the aisle. Both were grandmas, and they were so excited when I told them we were surprising my mom. Anyway, he really was such a doll. And in even more shocking news, all of our flights were on time with no problems, it seems like that never happens anymore, the exception instead of the rule!

So papa picked us up and we went to Nana's work to surprise her, the plan was for my dad to just walk in holding Hudson and say, "Look who I found", but she was already on her way out in the parking lot when we got there. The look on her face was priceless as she looked at me in the car and it took a second for things to register who I was. Soo worth the long flight. She had no idea and she was pretty excited! So now we're just hanging out, tucked in nice and warm in Nana's house having her wait on us and take care of us for a long weekend. We can't wait to eat Donald's Donuts, Mark Pi's, cookie dough, get in the hot tub every night, eat lots of popcorn and watch movies!
Today we are thankful that have things like airplanes to travel across the country to hang out with Nana and Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment