Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crack Pie & Compost Cookies

Ryan found out very last minute that he had to go to NYC for work, and I was very sad I couldn't go but I told him I'd forgive him if he went to Momofuku Milk Bar and bring me home some treats. I've seen this place on so many tv shows and I've wanted to go there forever! He told me if I brought him back some Hamloaf from Ohio, he would go there for me!
And he did!!! This "Compost Cookie" is one of THE BEST cookies I've ever had, my measly little iced oatmeal cookie will never be the same. It sounds gross, but trust me on this, it's delicious. It has oats, coconut, pretzels, chocolate chips, potato chips, butterscotch chips, and coffee grounds. He brought me three and I already polished off one. I figure if I cut the remaining two into small enough pieces.......who am I kidding, they'll be gone by tomorrow.

The crack pie has an oatmeal cookie crust, the filling has the consistency of a lemon bar but has the taste almost of sweetened condensed milk. Incredible! I prefer the cookie of the two. They also sell cereal milk, which is supposed to be the milk left in the bowl after the cereal is gone. But I hate that part of eating cereal so I skipped it. Ryan got some and said he was a little disappointed. So if any of you are ever going to NYC I will pay a portion of your ticket if you bring me home some!!
We are so happy we are all together again! Oh, and we got new couches!
So today we are thankful for crack pie, compost cookie, our new couches, and that we can spend the night together as a family!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little baby! I saw those cookies on Regis and Kelly when Anderson Cooper brought them. Sound gross but I have heard otherwise. Lucky girl. Glad your husband spoils you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok after hearing you talk about these....I WANT ONE. and I want to see your new couches.

    ♥ Celina

    ReplyDelete